This remarkable and informative workshop provides colleagues with a working knowledge of posttraumatic stress, the behaviour of those affected by trauma, to help them deliver trauma-informed and effective services…
The number of people enduring posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is increasing. Inevitably, that means that many service organisations and businesses are dealing with more and more vulnerable people.
Attending the ‘Trauma Confidence’ workshop will…
- Improve outcomes for service users enduring PTSD
- Empower staff with a ‘trauma-informed’ approach to service delivery
- Improve organisational outcomes by optimising service user/staff communications
- Improve well-being outcomes for staff and service users in crisis
- Enable staff and managers to have a greater understand of each other
The whole day was absolutely brilliant .
The trainer kept everyone engaged throughout. I would recommend this course to anyone dealing with vulnerable people. Excellent!
Very informative and very well presented. I think all frontline staff would benefit from this training.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will have an understanding and working knowledge of:
- Mental health issues and comorbidities
- Posttraumatic stress as a disorder
- Adverse childhood experiences
- Critical incidents
- Barriers in to service provision and engagement
- Posttraumatic stress – mechanism of injury
- Activity cycles and re-activation
- The person-centred approach
- Communication with service users in crisis and the ‘STOP’ method
- ‘Trauma-informed’ service provision