Understanding Trauma is key to successful service delivery…
This remarkable and informative course provides colleagues with a working knowledge of posttraumatic stress and the behaviour of those affected by trauma, in order to help them deliver trauma-informed and effective services…
- Improve outcomes for service users enduring the effects of psychological trauma by empowering staff with a ‘trauma-informed’ approach to service provision.
- Improving organisational outcomes by optimising service user/staff communications.
- Improve safety outcomes for staff dealing with aggressive behaviour displayed by service users in crisis.
The whole day was absolutely brilliant . The trainer kept everyone engaged throughout. I would recommend this course to anyone dealing with vulnerable people. Excellent !Emma(Housing Support Officer)
By the ended of the course, delegates will have an understanding and working knowledge of…
- Mental health issues and comorbidities
- Posttraumatic stress as a disorder
- Adverse childhood experiences
- Critical incidents
- Barriers in to service provision and engagement
- Posttraumatic stress – mechanism of injury
- Activity cycles and re-activation
- The person-centred approach
- Communication with service users in crisis and the ‘STOP’ method
- ‘Trauma-informed’ service provision
‘Very informative and very well presented. I think all frontline staff would benefit from this training.’
TO BOOK THIS COURSE FOR YOUR ORGANISATION OR FIND OUT MORE PLEASE CONTACT US USING THE FROM BELOW:
The duration for this course is 6 hours, and delegates are limited to 12.