This remarkable and informative course provides colleagues with a working knowledge of posttraumatic stress and the behaviour of those affected by trauma, helping them to deliver more effective trauma-informed services…
Our courses are developed to assure learning by the student’s own ‘lived’ experience…
- Improve outcomes for service users enduring the effects of psychological trauma by empowering staff with a ‘trauma-informed’ approach to service provision.
- optimise organisational outcomes by improving service user/staff communications.
- Improve outcomes for staff dealing with challenging behaviour displayed by service users in crisis.
The whole day was absolutely brilliant . The trainer kept everyone engaged throughout. I would recommend this course to anyone dealing with vulnerable people. Excellent!Emma
(Housing Support Officer)
By the ended of the course, delegates will have an understanding and working knowledge of:
- Mental health issues and comorbidities
- Posttraumatic stress as a disorder
- Adverse childhood experiences
- Critical incidents
- Barriers to service provision and engagement
- Posttraumatic stress – a mechanism of injury
- Activity cycles and re-activation
- The person-centred approach
- Communication with service users in crisis and the ‘STOP’ method
- ‘Trauma-informed’ service provision
Our trainers aren’t just theorists – they are highly skilled practitioners with proven experience of trauma recovery following major disasters & terror attacks…
Very informative and very well presented. I think all frontline staff would benefit from this training.’
To book this course for your staff or to find out more please use the form below and we’ll be in touch shortly…
*Please note – the duration for this course is 6 hours, and delegates are limited to 12.