Our psycho-palliative care service helps people who are facing a life threatening, life-changing, or terminal illness.
Many people mistakenly believe that ‘palliative care’ refers to ‘end of life’ care. However, psycho-palliative care can help improve someone’s quality of life and resilience during an illness, improving general wellbeing.
You don’t have to have a terminal diagnosis, or be in the final stages of life to receive psycho-palliative care. However, the mental challenges associated life-threatening illness can be overwhelming. Faced with the challenge of any serious illness, we can find ourselves emotionally adrift and unable to process what’s happening. This can have a destructive effect upon the individual and those around them.
Accepting and adapting to the new way of life after diagnosis can often be considered to be ‘critical’ in terms of mental health. Following a clinical diagnosis, a range of negative emotions may be experienced, and other issues in life may also become more difficult.
Eudemonics facilitators can help people to improve their quality of life during a period of illness.
Benefits of Psycho-palliative Care
- Express your concerns freely, in a non-judgmental environment
- Address matters of concern in life
- Gain a greater understanding of yourself
- Become empowered to make choices that are right for you
- Restore a sense of control and balance
- Reduce stress and trauma
- Fully integrate your new reality and what that means for you
- Create your own solutions to the challenges you face