Occupational debriefing is a highly effective way of exploring issues of psychological concern within the context of the team, organisation and business environment…
The challenges of running an organisation can sometimes cause high pressure situations, and subsequently, occupational stress can become destructive amongst teams working in high-pressure environments and work streams – affecting performance, innovation, output, well-being, and sometimes safety. Left unaddressed, such issues can lead to relationship crisis within teams, sickness absence, disciplinary cases, organisational and reputational loss.
Whilst sickness absence due to stress and anxiety are responsible for a great deal of business loss, it should also be borne in mind that presenteesim is also a major source of ‘hidden’ loss for organisations who’s output depends on its people…
Indeed, from a mental health point of view, our data tells us that while absenteeism is clearly a costly issue, presenteeism has huge potential to affect performance, innovation, retention, resilience and business continuity.
People who are stressed, distressed, or in crisis will under-perform, & are a potential risk to your business…
We offer debriefing for organisations who care for the well-being of their people and wish to maximise good inter-personal relationships within their business.
We recommend occupational debriefing for individuals and teams:
- As an addition to personal development review processes
- During and following involvement in a high stress, or high threat work-stream
- As part of a review process after a team or organisation has experienced significant change or loss
- Following the loss of a team member in unexpected circumstances
- As part of a change management process
- Following a critical business incident that threatens continuity or resilience
- After a significant relationship crisis within the team or between
- As part of senior leadership self-development
Occupational debriefing is a supportive process – it fosters trust and cohesion through mutual understanding and shared experience of change, or adversity…
Debriefing sessions take place in a non-judgmental environment, and enable team members to address issues of concern. Our facilitators will provide a unique opportunity your people to address the matters that are of concern to themselves and each other.
Occupational Debriefing should not be confused with Coaching, which is not designed to address issues of psychological concern, stress or anxiety.
Our team has a wealth of experience and can deliver debriefs at an outside venue or within your own organisation.